About CDH Australia
Whoever you are and whatever the challenges you face with regards to Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia, CDH Australia is here to support you!
CDH Australia is an organisation run solely by volunteers, all of whom have been affected by Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH) and who understand the issues families face in their CDH journey. Although everyone’s experience is different, the common thread that ties us together – CDH – allows us to support each other with compassion and empathy.
The services we offer families include:
- phone and email support – including parent to parent matching, enabling families who have experienced similar CDH situations to get in contact and gain support from each other
- online support via public and private facebook groups
- a website packed with information, links, photos and stories
- support booklets
- parent/carer Information Sheets
- newsletter updates
- an annual forum held in October each year, alternating between different capital cities around Australia
CDH Australia is a registered Health Promotion Charity with Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) status. Our organisation is run by a board of directors and we have membership spread throughout Australia. Our group consists of families expecting a baby diagnosed with CDH, families caring for a child with CDH, adults with CDH and grieving families who have lost a child to CDH.
- Vision – Our vision is for no family to face CDH alone.
- Mission – To improve the lives of those affected by congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH), support and advocate for families, raise awareness and support research.
- History of CDH Australia
- Meet our Board of Directors
- Our Volunteers
- Annual Reports
- Our Constitution