The organisations listed below provide specialised support for families and children.
These organisations are not part of the CDH Australia network. Links will open in a new window.
🌻Financial support and government assistance
- Miracle Babies provides a detailed outline of parental payments and allowances.
- DHS Having a Baby provides detailed tools and resources for financial assistance and payments.
- DHS Carer Payment provides income support for carers to someone who has a severe disability or illness.
- Department of Support Services provides information and resources for carers.
- NDIS Support for Carers information about additional services dedicated to help you in your role as a carer.
- DHS Bereavement support provides financial assistance to help if your child has passed away.
- Department of Human Services provides support if you recently had a baby who was stillborn.
🌻Travel and accommodation assistance
If you travel long distances for treatment, you may be eligible for state government financial support.
- NSW – NSW: Travel Assistance (IPTAAS)
- ACT – ACT: Interstate patient travel assistance (IPTAS)
- QLD – QLD: Patient Travel Subsidy Scheme (PTSS)
- VIC – VIC: Patient Transport Assistance Scheme (VPTAS)
- TAS – TAS: Patient Travel Assistance Scheme (PTAS)
- SA – SA: Patient Assistance Transport Scheme (PATS)
- WA – WA: Patient Assisted Travel Scheme (PATS)
- NT – NT: Patient Assistance Travel Scheme (PATS)
Disclaimer: By providing these links, CDH Australia is not in any way endorsing the content, or further links, associated with these sites.