The organisations listed below provide specialised support for families and children.
These organisations are not part of the CDH Australia network. Links will open in a new window.
Crisis support is short term, and provides assistance, non-judgemental support and resources in a time of need.
The purpose of crisis support is to relieve stress and improve the ability to cope with the current situation, as well as future crises. Several quality organisations in Australia provide 24/7 crisis support over the phone. Online chat support is also available.
- Lifeline Free 24/7 telephone counselling service and crisis support. Ph: 131114
- Grief Line Dedicated loss and grief telephone counselling and 24/7 online chat support. Ph: 1300845745
- Beyond Blue Free 24/7 support for everyone, delivered by mental health professionals. Ph: 1300224636
- SANDS provides support and education to anyone affected by the death of a baby.
- SIDS and Kids – Red Nose provides support through the unexpected death of a baby or young child.
- The Compassionate Friends provides support to bereaved parents and siblings.
- Grief Line supports people experiencing loss and grief, at any stage in life.
- Grief and Bereavement Counselling Service provides specialist bereavement service following the death of a loved one.